Türk Telekom group has announced that it has acquired content rights of UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europe League football games starting from 2015-2016 season till the end of 2017-2018 season. The games will be available on TTNet’s digital platform Tivibu on 4-screens with advanced features such as catch-up TV, pause-live TV and Timeshift TV functionality.
Based on the additional agreement signed with UEFA, only one game on Tuesdays and Thursdays will be broadcasted on Turkish National TV Channel TRT.
Until now, second largest DTH operator D-Smart had the content rights of UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europe League.
I see this a major win for TT group. This will be the most valuable sports content Tivibu could offer until recently. This win is also a clear sign of the fact that TT group will continue to invest for premium content. At the new structure, pay-TV platforms and their corresponding premium sports content is as follows:
- Digiturk: Turkish Premier Football League, English Premier Football League, Turkish Airlines Basketball Euroleague, Turkey Beko Basketboll League, Russian League, Brazilian League, Wimbledon and ATP1000 Masters Tennis
- D-Smart: Spanish Premier Football League (La Liga), NBA TV, Formula 1, Motor GP
- Tivibu: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europe League, France Ligue, Italy Seria A
- Teledunya (Kablo TV): No exclusive content
- Turkcell TV+: No exclusive content
Based on the latest figures of BTK (Information Technologies and Telecommunications Institution) as of Q2 of 2014, Tivibu IPTV service has 300K subscribers.